Mission and Vision
As the philanthropic arm of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, our vision is that: Patient outcomes improve because of the leadership and clinical skills of pharmacists, as vital members of the health care team, accountable for safe and effective medication use.
The mission of the ASHP Foundation is to improve the health and well-being of patients in health systems through appropriate, safe and effective medication use.
We will accomplish this by:
• Sponsoring high-impact practice research leading to advances in patient outcomes.
• Educating and developing pharmacists and pharmacy staff as leaders and clinicians.
• Providing funding and programs that optimize the medication-use system and advance the direct and accountable patient care role of pharmacists.
• Encouraging innovation and adoption of best practices and new patient safety and quality initiatives.
• Providing recognition and support to diffuse best practices in research, education and practice.
• Establishing partnerships, collaborations and strategic alliances to inform our mission and advance common goals.
Our Strategic Priorities
1. Facilitate and strongly support the pharmacy profession in advancing pharmacy practice models that foster pharmacists’ leadership and accountability for patient outcomes.
2. Create demand for new models of pharmacy practice that leverage the expertise and unique abilities of pharmacists.
3. Drive the advancement of the technical, human and leadership competencies of pharmacists and pharmacy staff in complex and rapidly changing organizations.
4. Ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the ASHP Foundation.