Inquiries about the application cycle can be directed to email@example.com.
Optimal management of chronic pain is a critical issue in healthcare. In this five-month, ACPE-accredited educational experience, pharmacists are trained to develop and maintain comprehensive services for patients in pain and those with palliative care needs. Trainees will receive intensive distance and experiential training that prepares them to lead the way to effective and safe pain management.
The program is a tiered educational initiative consisting of a combination of distance education, including self-study and interactive web-based presentations with discussion and onsite experiential training. The distance education curriculum includes two components:
- Principles of Pain and Pain Management and
- Advanced Pain Topics
|Now Available: The Foundation has made Principles of Pain and Pain Management
available through the generosity of our donors at no cost to all
pharmacists interested in enhancing their foundational knowledge in this
important topic. You do not have to apply for the traineeship to take
advantage of Principles of Pain and Pain Management Modules, but only those that have applised to the traineeship will be able to access the Advanced Topics Module. Access this free component now (note that you will be asked to log onto your ASHP account or register a new account).
The traineeship consists of four components:
• Pre-Program, Pain Management Self-Assessment Tool
• Distance Education Program
• 5-day Experiential Program
• Post-Training Requirements, demonstrating advancement and impact
Program Timeline for the 2016-2017 Offering
• Applications available –June 24, 2016
• Application deadline – September 25, 2016
• Participants announced – November 2016
• Distance education – December 2016 – March 2017
• Experiential training – April/May 2017
• Post training requirements – Fall 2017
The tuition for the Pain Management and Palliative Care Traineeship program is $3,000 for ASHP members, and $3,500 for non-members. Applicants who are accepted into the program can elect to pay their registration fee payment in full or participate in a payment plan.
More Information About the Traineeship
• Sites and Faculty
• Selected Trainees
• What Our Trainees Say About This Program